Non-metallic sheathed NM-B cable is used in normally dry installations in residential wiring, as branch circuits for outlets, lighting and other residential loads. Its applications are outlined in NEC 2008 and NEC 2011 Article 334. NM-B is rated at 600 volts and although it is rated at a conductor temperature of 90°C dry , its ampacity is limited to 60°C according to the NEC 2008 and NEC 2011. It may be fished through masonry or tile walls, where not exposed or subject to excessive moisture or dampness. NM-B cables are LEAD FREE and RoHS compliant. Equivalent to Romex NM-B.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable ASTM specifications
- UL 83: Thermoplastic Insulated Wires and Cables
- UL 719: Non-Metallic Cables
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 and requirements of the NEC.
- Voltage rating - 600 volts.
Size: 4 AWG
Number of Conductors: 3 + 1 Ground
Ground Wire Size: 8 AWG
Nominal Cable Dimensions: .150mils
Weight per foot: 0.556 lbs
Allowable Ampacity: 70 Amps @ 30°C PER NEC